Organic Lawn Care by Howard Garrett
Growing grass the natural way
Learn all you need to know to have a beautiful lush green lawn using organic growing principles. Howard Garrett, noted landscape architect and organic growing authority known as the "Dirt Doctor", discusses how to create and maintain turf organically. He takes you step-by-step in the following areas:
- Establishing a health soil habitat for grass
- Discusses a variety of turfgrasses (bermudagrass, bluegrass, buffalograss, fescue, ryegrass, St. Augustine and zoysia)
- Discusses which grass may be the best choice for different conditions.
- Explains in detail how to establish and maintain a lawn including planting, mowing, watering, fertilizing, and composting,
- How to manage weeds
- How to manage pests
- Uses photos to illustrate common grasses, weeds, and pests
"Organic Lawn Care" is a valuable tool to start a new lawn or to maintain an established one.
"Follow the program in "Organic Lawn Care" and don't be surprised when your water bill drops dramatically, and your lawn or golf course is the best-looking one around." ( quote from the book)