Surround WP Kaolin Clay - 25 lbs.
Surround® WP Crop Protectant forms a barrier film that acts as a broad spectrum agricultural crop protectant for controlling damage from various insect and disease pests. It also acts as growth enhancer and as a protectant against sunburn and heat stress.
It is an effective grasshopper repellent that's safe and organic.
Surround WP crop protectant forms a mineral-based particle film intended for protection of agricultural crops, and plants in nurseries, and greenhouses.
When Surround WP is applied to plants, a dry white film results and creates a repellent for many insects that are difficult to control by other methods.
When applied at given rates and frequencies, benefits such as increased plant vigor and improved yields may occur on many crops. Under high ambient temperatures, Surround WP reduces canopy temperature and can help to reduce heat and water stress.
When Surround WP is used, many fruits have shown improved fruit color, soluble solids, smoothness, and size with less russet, dropping, sunburn, and cracking.
Surround WP may be applied up to the day of harvest.
How to Use:
For non-agitating sprayer tanks, such as handheld and backpack sprayers, the following mixing sequence must be followed:
- Use Surround WP powder at a rate of 1/4 to 1/2 lb of Surround WP powder per one gallon of water. One-half pound is approximately 3 cups. For sprayers difficult to shake, premix in a 5 gallon bucket per the directions below and pour suspension into sprayer.
- Add Surround WP powder into 1/4 to 1/2 of the water that will be used in the batch to allow adequate space for vigorous shaking. Allow Surround WP to wet and sink into the water slowly. It is not recommended to fill with a hose or shake the container while powder is floating on top of the water.
- Mix thoroughly by shaking the closed container vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Add the remainder of the batch water and shake the closed container for an additional 30 seconds.
- Shake the sprayer occasionally during application.
- At the end of the application, spray until empty and flush system and nozzles, or blow air pressure out of the line and nozzle (usually by upending) and store in a cool place. Apply the leftover mix within two to three weeks to avoid spoilage. Rinse the sprayer and allow to air dry before the next batch.
Active Ingredient: Kaolin: 95.0%
Other Ingredients: 5.0%