Grodan AO 50X50X40mm Rockwool Cubes - 2 Sheet Pack
Grodan AO Cubes
- 2" X 2" X 1.6" (50 X 50 X 40 mm)
- Tapered to bottom (connected at top)
- 50 cubes per sheet
- 10mm X 10mm seed hole
- Pollutant free
- pathogen free
- Does not lock up nutrients
- Does not release substances into water or nutrients
- Designed specifically for irrigation efficiency and uniformity
- Holds the perfect ratio of water to air that the plant needs
- Available in cases (30 sheets - 1,500 cubes) call or e-mail for price
Rockwool or stonewool is a very environmentally friendly product. It is made by melting basalt rock and chalk, then spinning the molten rock into fibers, much like cotton candy. These fibers are compressed and cut into the various sheets, cubes, blocks, etc. One cubic foot of rock makes 37 cubic feet of rockwool. The World Heath Organization has classified rockwool as a safe-to-use bio-soluble product.
Grodan Rockwool AX Cubes are suitable for starting a wide range of plants, and is effective in growing anything from tomatoes, lettuce, flowers and even some aquatic plants. The cubes are attached in sheets that fit in a "10 X 20 tray", but are easily separated for transplanting.. The AO cubes are attached at the top and the cubes are tapered toward the bottom.
The rockwool products are easily recycled.
- Chop them up into 1/4 inch bits and add to the compost pile. It aerates the compost and speeds up the process 20-30%.
- Till into the garden. It improves soil tilth and is especially beneficial in clay or sandy soils to promote quicker plant growth by "breaking up" clay soil and helping with moisture retention in sandy soil.
- Use as a potting "soil" for house plants. Can be used over and over
- Rockwool can be remelted and made into new products..
- Even sending it to the landfill can be beneficial to the landfill.